J2O Brand Refresh Project

In this project, we were tasked with rebranding an existing brand which we felt could be improved. We chose J2O, as we felt it was a brand that needed to be refreshed and made to look more like an adult beverage. I took on the role of Art Director. This involved creating the logo, choosing typefaces, colour schemes, designing the bottle, and developing the overall design for j2o. This was a very fun yet challenging role as I had the responsibility of refreshing J2O’s visual identity. I enjoyed developing all these elements and bringing them together to create a final product. I created posters which reflected our strategy, target audience and our overall message.






















New Bottle and Logo Design:




 The aim was to create a bottle that looked similar to a beer or cider, yet still distinguishable from alcohol and have its own visual brand identity. We decided to make it brown to emphasise who our target audience is and make it look similar to a cider to help our customers feel more included when drinking around others who drink alcohol whilst still showing that they are happy to drink j2o instead of alcohol and have a good time. I believe I was successful in designing a bottle that is bold yet elegant, and represented our aims for the brand refresh.










We redesigned the logo to make it stand out more and give it a vintage feel by using an old English type font in a goldish colour instead of their plain basic font that they had before. I added swirls around the logo, which also had a red and green gradient on them to give it more of a elegant feel. The round 0 swirl around the typeface also represents 0.0% alcohol, which is a key attribute to our branding and something i have emphasised through our entire brand design.

Comments